The workshop will serve as a forum to strengthen coordination of underwater glider activities across the United States and beyond. In addition to keynote speakers and structured community discussions, the workshop will provide an opportunity for individuals or institutions to present their glider breakthroughs during a poster session.
All operators, users, early-career scientists, program managers and other professionals who employ and/or utilize underwater profiling glider technologies are encouraged to attend. Limited travel funds are available for non-federal participants.
Workshop goals include:
- Sharing experiences and exchanging information on major advances in glider capabilities, operations and data processing;
- Demonstrating how gliders enable new scientific breakthroughs for ocean research and operations;
- Identifying gaps and coordination opportunities for planning, operations and resources to enhance technologies for regional, national and global ocean observing needs;
- Assessing best practices for observations, operations and data management applied across geographic and thematic boundaries;
- Designing the scope and aims for a coordination mechanism, such as a Underwater Glider User-Group to advance the goals listed above.
Register your interest in attending on the workshop RSVP form here.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured image from IOOC website.